Monday, December 15, 2008

Final Project Among Other Things...

While attempting to work on my final project for my first master's, I have decided that touchy-feely analyze your emotions kinds of papers are not my academic forte.  In fact, they are more than an anathema...similar to the whole kryptonite issue for Superman.  That being said, I am more than happy to be finishing this final class and entering the project/thesis submission portion of my degree.  

I am looking for meaning and celerity in our present situation.  Not unlike many other middle class families, we are struggling financially in a deeply depressed economy.  A return to work for me is not feasible as there are no safe or clean childcare options available to us for our children here.  I wonder why and how we arrived at this frustrating and disheartening destination, but I should really be contemplating our celebratory departure from it!  

Super Husband will be going to school in the spring in two different, simultaneous programs to improve our chances of building an income base that is not subjected to layoffs that are based on the overall economy.  This has me thinking about structuring and encouraging our children's choices for college majors.  While I have always been a proponent of children choosing their own way, the reality is that there are few careers that can insulate you and your family from economic downturns.  

Questions for the day...
How to write a paper on a cheesy topic while sounding intelligent and informed?

How to keep faith in the face of financial struggle that seems endless but is really temporary...or how to maintain proper perspective?

How to help our children make life decisions that fulfill their ultimate purpose while also supporting their ability to have a financially stable family?

No comments:

Post a Comment